Dog Eared 1/2 Price Books:
A Bookstore for the entire family, where you can trade your paperback books!
This is the current trading policy for local customers. Ample notice will be given if there are to be any changes to the policy.
We offer both new and used paperback books for most ages and tastes.
In store purchase of new books are discounted at 25% off.
Used paperback books are sold at one-half (1/2) the publisher's suggested retail price. There may be some exceptions.
When you trade your books, with each outgoing transaction, you will pay the first four dollars ($5.00) in cash (plus tax), with the credit on file deducted thereafter. In the event you use all of your credit before the transaction is complete, the cost of each book will be added to the total in addition to the first four dollars ($5.00) charged.
How it works:
1. For the books we accept, we offer a credit of one-fourth (1/4) of the publishers price.
2. You may use this credit toward the purchase of most other used paperbacks, which are priced at one-half (1/2) the publisherís price.
3. You do NOT have to use all your credit in one transaction. Credit is kept on file. If no transaction is made on your account in two (2) years, the computer will automatically delete your account.
4. For each outgoing transaction, (if you have credit on file from a current or previous transaction) the first four dollars ($5.00) in used books must be paid in cash (plus tax), with the credit on file deducted thereafter. In the event you use all of your credit before the transaction is complete, the cost of each book will be added to the total in addition to the first four dollars ($5.00) charged.
5. No person, family, or group may have more than $300 in credit no matter how many account names are used.
6. We reserve the right to place limits on the books taken/purchased if the type, category, or quality of the books differ from those you offer in trade. We accept a maximum of two (2) bags of books, per account, per day.
7. We do not accept books with any marks, writing, initials, or price stickers. Please remove the price stickers before you bring in your books.
8. The bookseller on duty, at their discretion, reserves the right to refuse any book turned in for credit, even if the book has our stamp in it.
If we donít accept all of your books, that means we are either overstocked on those titles or the books arenít in good condition. We will inform you as to the reason. Overstocks can be turned in for credit on your next visit. We may be able to use them at that time.
Other Policy Information To Be Aware Of:
The following are Cash Only, which means, you may pay for your total purchase by check, credit/debit card, or cash, but your credit may not be used with those particular purchases:
Cash only titles will have a hand-written sticker on them indicating they are "cash only"; meaning your credit may not be used with these purchases.
Collectable/Classics, if you bring in either for credit, you may use your credit for purchase of collectable/classics. Otherwise they are "cash only." There may be exceptions, either way, at the discretion of management Audio books , if you bring either in for credit to your account, you may use your Audio credit, which is automatically tallied and separated from the other credit, on your purchase of other Audio books. Otherwise they are "cash only." There may be exceptions, etiher way, at the discretion of management.
Click the "Back" button to return to last page viewed